Business Administration Programs
Prepare for your professional office career
From medical careers to marketing and business management, Bates' business administration programs will help you to prepare for jobs in a professional setting. You will get hands-on computer, record keeping and customer relations skills that are important in a variety of office support positions. Whether you hope to join a health care team or take on another administrative function, our career training programs will provide the foundation you need for starting a career in an administrative capacity
- Administrative Medical Assistant
- Administrative Office Assistant
- Marketing and Business Management
The mission of the Business Administration programs is to enable all students to earn relevant credentials and obtain gainful employment, and to support local industry needs, by providing high-quality instruction in a supportive environment.
The objectives of the Business Administration programs are to:
- Provide quality credit courses, certificates, and degrees to meet student interests and the assessed employment needs of the service area.
- Provide quality instruction by placing emphasis on the teaching/learning process, professional faculty development, and selection/retention of outstanding faculty.
- Provide quality instruction that prepares students to succeed in upper-level courses, should they continue their education at four-year colleges.
The programs in Business Administration are compatible and consistent with the college's mission. Of particular note are the Associate in Applied Science degrees that are supported by highly-qualified faculty and strong relationships with area employers through high placement rates of students in internship positions and graduates in related-field jobs.
Curriculum Development and Assessment
The process for curriculum development and assessment is available through the Curriculum and Assessment Committees webpage.