Child Care Advisory Program
Training opportunities, career pathways
Want to improve the quality of care and level of professionalism at your child care center? Bates Technical College's Child Studies department can serve as your partner.
Through the Child Care Advisory Program (CCAP), our highly skilled and trained faculty members offer technical training and resources to early childhood education professionals.
In addition to valuable consultation and continuing education support, the CCAP offers the classes necessary for the Initial Certificate of the Early Childhood Education/Child Care (ECE) degree.
Staff members of affiliated centers may pursue the Initial Certificate of the two-year ECE degree at no additional cost. For the first and second year of the ECE degree program, students pay tuition and fees according to the number of credits taken. First and second-year students take day or evening classes to prepare for roles as lead teachers, program supervisors and directors.
Bates can help child care centers with a staff team of 10 or more earn college credit while they improve their professional skills.
Affiliate with Bates
The CCAP is available to your center for $350 quarterly ($1,400 annual contract required). Through CCAP, our highly-trained faculty will provide:
- Early Childhood Education/Child Care - ECED& 105, ECED& 107, ECED& 120
- Two on-site monthly training/consultations/observation
- 30-hour STARS class
- 20 parent/early childhood education workshops
- Administrative consultation
- Bloodborne pathogens training
- Resource Center membership with laminating
The above classes meet the Department of Early Learning's 10-hour continuing education requirement for child care professionals.
Courses offered to affiliates
The following Early Childhood Education/Child Care classes are offered during the school year. Be sure to check the current class schedule, or use the navigation at left, to see which courses are currently being offered for the quarter.
- ECED& 105 Introduction to Early Childhood Education, 5 cr.
- ECED& 107 Health, Safety, Nutrition, 5 cr.
- ECED& 100 STARS, 3 cr.
- EDUC& 115 Child Development, 5 cr.
- EDUC& 130 Guiding Behavior, 3 cr.
- ECED& 120 Practicum: Nurturing Relationships, 2 cr.
- ECED& 190 Observation & Assessment, 3 cr.
- ECED& 170 Environment - Young Children, 3 cr.
- ECED& 160 Curriculum Development, 5 cr.
- ECED& 180 Language & Literacy, 3 cr.
- EDUC& 150 Child, Family, Community, 3 cr.
For additional information on the Child Care Advisory Program and the first-and second-year ECE training opportunities, please call 253.680.7500.