Early Childhood Education & Assistance Program (ECEAP)

Early childhood Education and Assistance Program

Bates offers an ECEAP preschool program for children who are four years old before Aug. 31 in several convenient Pierce County locations. The program is free for low income families who qualify.

This high-quality preschool program offers monthly family activities, hot meals, children's health and developmental screenings and community resource referrals for parents and families. Classes are Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m.

Should you need additional childcare, our Downtown Campus offers a preschool program for children ages three to five on a sliding fee scale for students. The center accepts children from families who are not Bates students, though they do not recieve tuition based on a sliding fee scale. Learn more about the college's child care center here.

Choose the ECEAP location that works for you! Call for information about space and eligibility.

2003 Taylor St.

412 W. Pioneer Ave.

Tacoma, Bates Technical College (Downtown Campus)
1101 S. Yakima Ave. 


Tacoma, Bates Technical College (South Campus)
2201 S. 78th St.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; fax: (202) 690-7442; or email: program.intake@usda.gov.This institution is an equal opportunity provider.