Early Achievers Opportunity Grant
ECEAP & Childcare Director
Bates Technical College has financial aid available to help you further your career in early childhood education. Whether you are just beginning your post-high school education or want to move up the career ladder, we are here to help you.
Fall quarter starts Sept. 23, so be sure to get started today!
The Early Achievers Opportunity Grant provides funding (tuition, books, and student support services) to help you earn the following in early childhood education:
- Initial certification
- State credential
- Associate degree
You can learn more about our certificate and degree options in Early Childhood Education/Child Care. Bates offers convenient evening and day programs.
How do I know if I'm eligible?
To qualify, students must meet the following requirements:
- Washington residency (as defined in RCW 28B.15.012)
- Be employed 10 hours or more per week at an Early Achievers childcare facility
- Must have a GED or high school diploma
- Meet income guidelines (see chart below)
- Complete an Early Achievers Opportunity Grant Application
|2012-13 Income Guidelines
|Family Size||Annual Income|
|Each additional person||$7,920|