Joint Recruitment Testing
Entry-Level Firefighter Recruitment Information 2015
Bates Technical College is proud to assist the following fire departments and districts in their recruitment:
- Bremerton Fire Department, Firefighter, Firefighter/EMT or Firefighter Paramedic
- Olympia Fire Department, Firefighter
- South King Fire and Rescue, Probationary Firefighter/EMT
- South Kitsap Fire and Rescue, Firefighter/EMT or Firefighter Paramedic
Please carefully review the following documents to better prepare you for the application and recruitment process:
- Agency and Test Information
- Frequently Asked Questions (pdf)
- General Information and Timeline (pdf)
- Application Materials Checklist (pdf)
- Application (pdf) <<OPENS Monday, Jan. 5>> A $75 fee is due with the application.
Applications will be available online (see above) and in the Fire Service Training Testing Area, Bates Technical College, South Campus, 2201 S. 78th Street, Building A, in Tacoma.
PLEASE DIRECT ALL INQUIRIES TO:
Shelly Jarboe, Bates' Fire Testing
We politely request that you refrain from calling or emailing any of the fire departments/cities for which we are recruiting.
The non-refundable written exam fee is $75. The non-refundable CPAT fee is $119.
Important dates and information
- Applications are accepted Monday, Jan. 5 through Friday, Feb. 6. A $75 fee is due with your application.
- Written test and CPAT orientation is Saturday, March 7
- You will receive an email notifying you of your written test results no later than Wednesday, March 18
- A $119 CPAT fee is due when your CPAT is scheduled, beginning April 17
- CPAT practice is April 11
- CPAT is May 17-18
- NOTE: Both the written and CPAT must be completed through this consortium process in order for the candidate application to be considered complete. CPAT practice is strongly encouraged.