Joint Recruitment Testing
Entry-Level Firefighter Recruitment Information 2015
Applications accepted until Friday, Feb. 6.
Bates Technical College is proud to assist the following fire departments and districts in their recruitment:
- Bremerton Fire Department, Firefighter, Firefighter/EMT or Firefighter Paramedic
- Olympia Fire Department, Firefighter
- South King Fire and Rescue, Probationary Firefighter/EMT
- South Kitsap Fire and Rescue, Firefighter/EMT or Firefighter Paramedic
Please carefully review the following documents to better prepare you for the application and recruitment process:
- Agency and Test Information
- Frequently Asked Questions (pdf)
- General Information and Timeline (pdf)
- Application Materials Checklist (pdf)
- Application (pdf) A $75 fee is due with the application.
Please Note: Updated CPAT date is May 9-10.
Applications are available online and in the Fire Service Training Testing Area, Bates Technical College, South Campus, 2201 S. 78th Street, Building A, in Tacoma.
PLEASE DIRECT ALL INQUIRIES TO:
Shelly Jarboe, Bates' Fire Testing
We politely request that you refrain from calling or emailing any of the fire departments/cities for which we are recruiting.
The non-refundable written exam fee is $75. The non-refundable CPAT fee is $119.
Important dates and information
- Applications are accepted Monday, Jan. 5 through Friday, Feb. 6. A $75 fee is due with your application.
- Written test and CPAT orientation is Saturday, March 7
- You will receive an email notifying you of your written test results no later than Wednesday, March 18
- A $119 CPAT fee is due when your CPAT is scheduled, beginning April 17
- CPAT practice is April 11
- CPAT is May 9 and 10
- NOTE: Both the written and CPAT must be completed through this consortium process in order for the candidate application to be considered complete. CPAT practice is strongly encouraged.