Downtown Campus, Room M326
1101 S. Yakima Ave., Tacoma
Tel: 253.680. 7181
8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Director of Human Resources Geof Kaufman
Recruitment and Public Records Request Sheila White
Personnel Files, Reports and Contracts Kelli Rice
Health Benefits, Staff Development, L&I and Leaves Vladimir Samoylenko
Welcome to Bates Technical College's Human Resources (HR) Office. Whether you are a new employee, a long-time employee, or a potential employee, we are here to provide you with clear and accurate information and the best possible service.
In these pages, you'll find information about employment, benefits, tenure review, training and development, and more. We invite you to explore and hope you'll find what you need. Please feel free to email any of the HR staff directly with questions or suggestions. We look forward to working with you.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the fundamental principle that applies to all our policies and procedures relating to recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Mission and Vision Statement
The Human Resources Office is dedicated to providing services that support and advance the success of the college community.
- People... our greatest asset
- Ethics, integrity and trust in all that we do
- A respectful and diverse environment
- Recognizing and appreciating the difference of others
- Commitment to lifelong learning
- Open communication and collaborative problem-solving
- Proving effective counsel, guidance and advice to others
- The security and well-being of those we serve
- Fair and equitable treatment
- A safe environment that fosters risk taking
- Confidentiality, accuracy, and lawful practices
- Its contribution to the college vision, mission and goals
For additional information about the Human Resource Office, please contact us.
Bates Technical College reaffirms its policy of equal opportunity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or status as a disabled veteran or Vietnam era veteran in its programs and activities in accordance with college policy and applicable federal and state statutes and regulations. Inquiries regarding Bates' non-discriminatory policies should be directed to the Director of Human Resources, 1101 South Yakima Avenue, Tacoma, Washington 98405.