High School 21+ (HS21+)
Troy Goracke, HS21+ Advisor
If you've earned high school credits, have work, military or life experience, but have not yet obtained your high school diploma or equivalency, then this program may be the perfect fit for you.
What is HS21+?
- The High School 21+ program is a competency-based high school diploma offered at Bates Technical College.
- Adults ages 21 years or older can earn a high school diploma. An advisor will look at transcripts and knowledge gained from life experience, and work with you to craft an educational plan to fill gaps.
- HS 21+ infuses basic skills classes with more rigorous, high school-level education and training so you can upgrade your skills while working toward a high school credential.
- Students are assessed to measure their gaps in education and work readiness. An advisor will create a customized plan of action.
- To recieve a diploma, students must demonstrate competency in reading, writing, and math in the context of science, history, government, occupational studies, and digital literacy. Students can demonstarte their knowledge in several ways, including work, life, and military experience; a prior learning portfolio; and high school and college transcripts.
- Students are eligible for the Basic Skills tuition rate of $25 per quarter.
- Bates Technical College issues the diploma.
- Get a copy of your official high school transcripts, gather documentation of college credits, certifications and any other activities you think may count towards your diploma.
- Schedule an appointment with Troy Goracke, the HS21+ advisor, 253.680.7395.
- Earn your high school diploma and open the doors to more federal financial aid, education, and careers!