High School 21+ (HS21+)
If you've earned high school credits, have work, military or life experience, but have not yet obtained your high school diploma or equivalency, then this program may be the perfect fit for you.
What is HS21+?
- The High School 21+ program is a competency-based high school diploma offered at Bates Technical College.
- Adults ages 21 years or older can earn a high school diploma. An advisor will examine transcripts and knowledge gained from life experience, and work with you to craft an educational plan to fill gaps.
- HS 21+ infuses basic skills classes with more rigorous, high school-level education and training so you can upgrade your skills while working toward a high school credential.
- High School 21+ is geared toward transitioning students into college and career programs that lead to living-wage careers.
- Students are assessed to measure their gaps in education and work readiness. An advisor will create a customized plan of action.
- To receive a diploma, students must demonstrate competency in reading, writing, and math in the context of science, history, government, occupational studies, and digital literacy. Students can demonstrate their knowledge in several ways, including work, life, and military experience; a prior learning portfolio; and high school and college transcripts.
- Students are eligible for the Basic Skills tuition rate of $25 per quarter.
- Bates Technical College issues the diploma.
- Retrieve copies of your official high school transcripts from previous schools; gather documentation of college credits, certifications, work history (WorkSource on 13th and Tacoma Ave. can give you a print-out of your work hours.), and any other documentation or learning activities/trainings you think may count as credit toward your high school diploma.
- Bring your transcripts and a $25 quarterly registration fee to one of our CASAS testing sessions in Room M216, Assessment Center, at the Downtown Campus. For CASAS test times and locations, please contact the Assessment Center, 253.680.7030, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For additional questions, contact Lynn Neal, email@example.com, 253.680.7274 or Bridget Findley, firstname.lastname@example.org, 253-680-7272
Open doors to a brighter future! Transition into higher education and a career that you love. Be an example of success for your family and friends. It's not too late to start. Come see us this week!