Opportunity Grant funding - New programs added!
The Opportunity Grant can help low-income adults train for one of the six high-wage/high-demand job fields for which Bates offers training. The grant can help pay some of your tuition, books, and other college costs.
You may be eligible for Opportunity Grant funding if you:
- Have been a Washington state resident for at least a year.
- Have a family income that is at or below 200 percent of the federal poverty level: 2014 Federal Poverty Guidlines.
- Demonstrated financial need, based on the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Enroll in one of the following high-demand career education programs offered at Bates Technical College:
- Administrative Medical Assistant (NEW!)
- Dental Assisting (NEW!)
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (NEW!)
- Commercial Truck Driving: Entry Level (CDL)
- Facilities Maintenance Engineer
For more information about the Opportunity Grant program, please contact Ramon Burton, Opportunity Grant Specialist, 253.680.7544, email@example.com.