Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
The mission of Phi Theta Kappa is two-fold:
Recognize and encourage the academic achievement of two-year college students and; Provide opportunities for individual growth and development through participation in honors, leadership, service and fellowship programming.
Bates Technical College's chapter is Beta Upsilon Omicron
Scholarship News ~ ~ ~
The All‐USA Community College Academic Team recognizes high achieving two‐year college students who demonstrate academic excellence and intellectual rigor combined with leadership and service that extends their education beyond the classroom to benefit society. Applications open October 1, and college-level evaluations begin November 10. Learn more about the 2015 All-USA Community College Academic Team from the college nominator. The college nominator responsibilities are assigned to Kat Flores, ASG/Diversity Manager.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Phi Theta Kappa Membership Requirements
- Currently be enrolled in a degree-granting program at Bates Technical College
- Complete at least 12 credits of college-level courses
- Have a 3.5 or greater Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Adhere to the student Code/Rules of Conduct
- Possess recognized qualities of citizenship
For more details, please check out the Frequently Asked Questions.
Benefits of Membership
Membership in Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society guarantees you access to benefits that will recognize your outstanding academic accomplishments and provide you with the competitive edge that helps ensure future success. These benefits are unmatched by any other collegiate honor society.
- Recognition by wearing Phi Theta Kappa Commencement Regalia during commencement
- The Golden Key of Phi Theta Kappa membership pin
- Access to scholarships