Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
Phi Theta Kappa Faculty Advisor
Ken Kais, 253.680.7314
Phi Theta Kappa Staff Member Rhonda Sample, 253.680.7012
Location Downtown Campus, E301
Hours Mon. - Fri, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Connect with us online!
The purpose of Phi Theta Kappa shall be to recognize and encourage scholarship among two-year college students. To achieve this purpose, Phi Theta Kappa shall provide opportunity for the development of leadership and service, for an intellectual climate for exchange of ideas and ideals, for lively fellowship for scholars, and for stimulation of interest in continuing academic excellence.
Bates Technical College's chapter is called Beta Upsilon Omicron.
Phi Theta Kappa's mission is two-fold:
Recognize and encourage the academic achievement of two-year college students and; Provide opportunities for individual growth and development through participation in honors, leadership, service and fellowship programming.
Requirements for Membership
- Currently be enrolled in a degree-granting program at Bates Technical College
- Complete at least 12 credits of college-level courses
- Have a 3.5 or greater Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Adhere to the student Code/Rules of Conduct
- Possess recognized qualities of citizenship
For more details, please check out the Frequently Asked Questions.
Benefits of Membership
Membership in Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society guarantees you access to benefits that will recognize your outstanding academic accomplishments and provide you with the competitive edge that helps ensure future success. These benefits are unmatched by any other collegiate honor society.
- Recognition by wearing Phi Theta Kappa Commencement Regalia during commencement
- The Golden Key of Phi Theta Kappa membership pin
- Access to scholarships