KBTC Public Television
KBTC Public Television
2320 S. 19th Street
www.kbtc.orgMember hotline1.888.596.KBTCFor questions about Full Focus or Northwest Now, please contact:firstname.lastname@example.orgFor questions about programming: email@example.comFor questions about membership: firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with us online:
KBTC Public Television is a PBS-member station, operated as a service of Bates Technical College. Housed at Central/Mohler Campus, KBTC serves more than 4.3 million viewers from Southwestern Washington to Southern British Columbia. Bates has owned and operated KBTC since 1992. In 1980, KBTC launched its satellite station KCKA in Centralia serving the Southern region of the state. KBTC was originally licensed in 1961 to Tacoma Public Schools, broadcasting under the call letters KTPS-TV.
KBTC is committed to telling local stories that aren't being told anywhere else. In addition to airing many PBS favorites, the station airs local programming, including the Emmy Award-winning documentary series Full Focus and weekly public affairs program Northwest Now.
KBTC Public Television engages viewers, communities, and supporters by delivering media experiences that educate, inspire, and entertain.
KBTC public television is an active member of the community - spreading awareness, celebrating diversity and illuminating the paths of social discourse and growth. We seek to engage viewers as citizens, not as consumers. We affirm this vision by:
- Serving diverse audiences, embracing innovation, valuing lifelong learning, and partnering with those who share our passion for public service.
- Making the arts, science, and humanities available to the widest possible public.
- Being a trusted partner to parents and educators.
- Providing programs and services that promote the healthy development of children.
- Fostering an informed and active citizenry through programs and events.
- Forging strategic partnerships that contribute to the vitality of our community.
- Serving the individual not just as spectator but as participant through programs and services.
- Improving access to public media for all people.
We believe in and practice these core values.
- We exceed the expectations of our customers.
- We value the contributions of everyone.
- We respect each other and always assume good intent.
- We promote a professional, friendly, and accessible atmosphere.
- We provide a positive work environment.
- We provide a safe, secure, and healthy workplace.
- We promote lifelong learning.