Tenure Review Process
Downtown Campus, Room M326
1101 S. Yakima Ave., Tacoma
Tel: 253.680. 7181
8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Public Records Request and Recruitment
Interim Manager of Human Resources
The Human Resources department manages the faculty tenure process and provides related support, such as:
- Overview of the tenure process at New Employee Orientation
- Technical assistance to candidates and committees regarding tenure portfolios and presentations to the Board of Trustees.
- Providing resources to the Tenure Review Oversight Committee.
The Human Resources Department creates and maintains the college's Tenure Workbook. Developed in collaboration with faculty members and administrators, the workbook outlines the tenure process and provides a framework guiding the activities of tenure review committee and probationers. Contact the Human Resources Department or the Tenure Review Oversight Committee with questions about the process.
- Tenure Review Committee Activity Planning Guide
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Conflict of Interest and Conflict of Roles Disclaimer
- Get Acquainted Meeting Memorandum and Probationer Self Introduction Checklist
- Tenure Portfolio Content and Organization Checklist
- Worksite Observation Scheduling
- Quaterly Worksite Observation for Career Training/ABE/GED/ESL/General Education
- Quaterly Worksite Observation for Assessment Center/Career Specialist/Librarian/Outreach Coordinator
- Quaterly Worksite Observation for BMTC and Child Studies
- Quaterly Meeting Record
- Tenure Track Summary and Recommendations
- Tenure Review Oversight Committee (TROC) Contact and Information
- Consideration for Early Tenure Review
- Consideration of Extension of Tenure Review
- Professional Improvement Plan
Tenure Example Letters