Tenure Review Process
Downtown Campus, Room M320
The instruction department manages the faculty tenure process and provides related support, such as:
- Overview of the tenure process
- Technical assistance to candidates and committees regarding tenure portfolios and presentations to the Board of Trustees.
- Providing resources to the Tenure Review Oversight Committee.
The department creates and maintains the college's Tenure Workbook. Developed in collaboration with faculty members and administrators, the workbook outlines the tenure process and provides a framework guiding the activities of tenure review committee and probationers. Contact Jannica Jones or the Tenure Review Oversight Committee with questions about the process.
- Tenure Review Committee Activity Planning Guide
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Conflict of Interest and Conflict of Roles Disclaimer
- Get Acquainted Meeting Memorandum and Probationer Self Introduction Checklist
- Tenure Portfolio Content and Organization Checklist
- Worksite Observation Scheduling
- Quarterly Worksite Observation for Career Training/ABE/GED/ESL/General Education
- Quarterly Worksite Observation for Assessment Center/Career Specialist/Librarian/Outreach Coordinator
- Quarterly Worksite Observation for Child Studies
- Quarterly Meeting Record
- Tenure Track Summary and Recommendations
- Tenure Review Oversight Committee (TROC) Contact and Information
- Consideration for Early Tenure Review
- Consideration of Extension of Tenure Review
- Professional Improvement Plan