Program Outcomes (ACCB)
At the successful completion of the program curriculum, students will be able to:
- Use financial statements to make decisions.
- Prepare and evaluate financial statements according to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Perform basic accounting operations.
- Evaluate accounting systems.
- Prepare master budgets.
- Apply established auditing concepts.
- Analyze management control systems.
- Analyze transaction cycles.
- Analyze and communicate the effects of basic tax rules on individuals, partnerships, and corporations.
- Prepare basic tax returns for individuals and business.
- File tax returns for individuals and businesses.
- Identify accounting, tax, auditing, and ethical issues in structure problems and unstructured fact-based situations.
- Perform research relating to the accounting field.
- Use a range of techniques to analyze information.Use software to improve efficiency and internal control.
In addition, the following college-wide learning outcomes reflect the guiding expectations of all programs at Bates Technical College.
- Human Diversity
- Effective Communication