At the successful completion of the program curriculum, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate ethical behaviors, such as confidentiality, empathy, and understanding in the workplace.Perform medical administrative tasks, medical transcription, and electronic health records.
- Use medical terminology related to human anatomy, physiology, common disease process, and common medical procedures performed in the medical office setting.
- Use software associated with the medical workplace.
- Obtain skills in the management of multiple tasks and oral and written communication.
- Enhance career opportunities and employment skills expected for an entry-level medical office professional.
In addition, the following college-side learning outcomes reflect the guiding expectations of all programs at Bates Technical College:
- Human Diversity
- Effective Communication