Program Outcomes (AOA)
At the successful completion of the program curriculum, students will be able to:
- Possess appropriate technological skills including: operating systems, word processing (including keyboarding), spreadsheets, database management and the Internet as a research tool.
- Demonstrate accurate text and data entry using an ergonomic keyboard.
- Use appropriate office procedures as it relates to the workplace environment.
- Compose complex business correspondence including memos, emails, letters, résumés, and reports.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills including speaking, writing, and presenting of information.
- Demonstrate competence in fundamental skills in financial accounting.
- Use standard ARMA (an association for information management professionals) rules in records management for both electronic and paper documents.
In addition, the following college-wide learning outcomes reflect the guiding expectations of all programs at Bates Technical College.
- Human Diversity
- Effective Communication