Program Outcomes (Marketing and Business Management)
At the successful completion of the program curriculum, students will be able to:
- Recognize the marketing mix of an organization and develop a strategic marketing plan designed to capture the interest of and motivate the target market.
- Analyze an organization's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats from a marketing and organizational perspective.
- Demonstrate professional written and interpersonal communication skills that will enable them to collaboratively interact with customers, employees and suppliers.
- Craft a comprehensive business plan to assist the business in clarifying their vision, to secure financing, and to gain business partners and suppliers.
- Apply practical management decision-making tools and techniques to various types of business issues, both simulated and real world, as shared by community businesses.
- Apply relationship management methods using best leadership practices gained from exposure to leadership theories and styles desired by successful organizations
- Recognize the management functions of planning, organizing, leading, and controlling.
- Evaluate organizational structures focused on strategic, tactical, and operational areas with a global and ethical perspective.
- Strategically plan for staffing requirements using appropriate employee talent recruitment and retention methods.
- Demonstrate a heightened self-awareness and an ethical leadership style expected by organizations in industry.
- Recognize, weigh, and analyze risks associated with business, including transactions, form of business, intellectual and privacy rights, human resources, and ethical ramifications; they will identify when to seek legal assistance when appropriate.
- Interpret financial data, and use it to make informed decisions about the operating performance and financial position of a company.
In addition, the following college-wide learning outcomes reflect the guiding expectations by all programs at Bates Technical College:
- Human Diversity
- Effective Communication
- Critical Thinking