Program Outcomes (Architectural Woodworking)
At the successful completion of the program curriculum, students will be able to:
- Perform cabinetmaking activities to industry standards
- Interpret drawings for production planning and estimating
- Select, maintain, and operate hand tools, portable power tools, and stationary machinery.
- Select various grades of lumber and building materials
- Perform sanding and adhesive operations to industry standards
- Select and apply finishes and hardware used in manufacturing of furniture, cabinets, and millwork
- Produce cabinets and other architectural specialties including millwork and moldings to be installed in residential and commercial applications
- Apply mathematical solutions for cabinetmaking applications.
In addition, the following college-wide learning outcomes reflect the guiding expectations of all programs at Bates Technical College.
- Human Diversity
- Effective Communication
- Critical Thinking