Program Outcomes (Carpentry)
At the successful completion of the program curriculum, students will be able to:
- Perform general carpentry skills.
- Identify, select, and supervise application of construction materials.
- Draw, read, and interpret drawings and specifications.
- Interpret and apply codes, regulations, and contract documents.
- Survey and investigate construction sites.
- Select and maintain construction site tools and equipment.
- Interpret basic designs and apply sound construction principles.
- Take off quantities and estimate costs.
- Plan, coordinate, schedule and control projects.
- Use hand and power tools safely and efficiently.
- Demonstrate sustainable building practices and material application.
- Interpret technical information from blueprints.
- Estimate materials and labor necessary to complete a building project.
- Work as a productive carpentry team member.
- Apply the required safety standards in construction.
In addition, the following college-wide learning outcomes reflect the guiding expectations of all programs at Bates Technical College:
- Human Diversity
- Effective Communication