Program Outcomes (Electrical Construction)
At the successful completion of the program curriculum, students will be able to:
- Install, test, and repair residential, commercial, and industrial wiring systems.
- Work safely according to OSHA and NFPA Standards as well as contractor and customer safety protocols and policies.
- Recognize potential hazards.
- Interpret and comply with the National Electrical Code NFPA 70 book and local codes.
- Interpret all sections of blueprints and draft electrical circuits.
- Integrate carpentry, masonry, plumbing, and HVACR systems with electrical installation and maintenance.
- Produce take-off lists.
- Install new materials for existing and new projects.
In addition, the following college-wide learning outcomes reflect the guiding expectations of all programs at Bates Technical College:
- Human Diversity
- Effective Communication
- Critical Thinking