Program Outcomes (FME)
At the successful completion of the program curriculum, students will be able to:
- Maintain, diagnose, and repair conventional building technologies and systems: wiring, heating, cooling, plumbing, and ventilation systems.
- Repair and maintain basic electrical fixtures.
- Operate common hand tools, electrical test equipment and power tools used in the maintenance trade in a safe and efficient manner.
- Identify National Electrical Code standards, recommended practices, and guides for commercial and industrial building electrical distribution.
- Perform basic welding repairs.
- Measure, calculate, and estimate needed supplies and costs.
- Read and interpret basic blueprints, shop drawings and electrical schematics.
- Apply safety procedures when using maintenance tools.
- Follow fire prevention practices.
In addition, the following college-wide learning outcomes reflect the guiding expectations of all programs at Bates Technical College:
- Human Diversity
- Effective Communication
- Critical Thinking