Program Outcomes (Sheet Metal Technology)
At the successful completion of the program curriculum, students will be able to:
- Lay out, measure, and mark dimensions and reference lines on material.
- Use calculators, scribes, dividers, squares, and rulers.
- Fasten joints together with a variety of fasteners.
- Install a variety of assemblies: flashings, heating and air conditioning ducts, and furnace casings.
- Interpret blueprints relating to construction sites.
- Perform basic computer functions
- Use shears, hammers, punches, or drills to fabricate or modify parts.
- Identify gauge types of sheet metal or nonmetallic materials.
- Install section components.
- Drill and punch holes in metal for screws, bolts, and rivets.
- Develop positive interpersonal abilities to create a team environment in the workplace.
- Work independently as well as cooperatively
In addition, the following college-wide learning outcomes reflect the guiding expectations of all programs at Bates Technical College:
- Human Diversity
- Effective Communication
- Critical Thinking