Program Outcomes (Welding)
At the successful completion of the program curriculum, students will be able to:
- Weld in (flat, horizontal, vertical, and overhead positions) using the basic welding processes SMAW, GMAW, FCAW, and GTAW.
- Perform metal layout processes.
- Cut metals using (oxyfuel and, plasma, arc) cutting process.
- Apply the fundamentals of welding processes.
- Apply the principles of metallurgy during the welding process.
- Read and interpret basic blueprints and welding symbols to fabricate components.
- Apply basic math and measurement.
- Follow industry safety practices.
In addition, the following college-wide learning outcomes reflect the guiding expectations of all programs at Bates Technical College:
- Human Diversity
- Effective Communication
- Critical Thinking