Program Outcomes (Electrical Engineering Tech)
To schedule an advising appointment, please call 253.680.7002.
Location Central/Mohler Campus
Hours Mon - Fri, 8 a.m. - 2:45 p.m.
At the successful completion of the program curriculum, students will be able to:
- Design and draft all electrical systems for commercial buildings, including low-voltage signaling, interior and exterior lighting, and general power distribution.
- Perform all engineering calculations to determine amperage, voltage, phase, resistance, and power consumption as needed for design of electrical systems for commercial buildings.
- Develop electrical construction cost estimates from complete electrical documents.
- Interpret and apply all applicable codes and standards to building design and construction.
- Calculate required number of luminaires, specify fixture types, layout, and energy efficient controls and lighting products.
- Calculate loads and power requirements, specify required power panels, branch circuit conductors, raceways, and overcurrent protection.
- Design and draft service entrance equipment including service disconnects, system grounding, and metering.
- Assist in design of high-voltage power distribution systems including sizing and specifying transformers, pads, vaults, conductors, and termination equipment and components.
- Perform all advanced cad operations and functions necessary to draft final electrical plans including floor plans, schedules, notes, and diagrams.
- Assist in preparing electrical project specifications.
- Compile data and compose engineering reports and correspondence.
- Perform calculations to determine amperage, voltage, resistance, and power requirements as needed for electrical system design.
- Evaluate electrical system designs by comparing with original design specifications using engineering skills.
- Review project instructions and criteria to ascertain specifications, procedures, and objectives for design of complete electrical systems.
- Review project instructions and specifications to identify, modify, and plan all needed building electrical systems.
In addition, the following college-wide learning outcomes reflect the guiding expectations of all programs at Bates Technical College:
- Human Diversity
- Effective Communication
- Critical Thinking