Program Outcomes (Dental Assisting)
At the successful completion of the program curriculum, students will be able to:
- Apply infection control and safety guidelines in the dental setting.
- Collect diagnostic treatment data.
- Perform clinical supportive treatments.
- Take diagnostic radiographs.
- Perform dental laboratory procedures.
- Provide patient oral health instruction.
- Assist in managing medical emergencies.
- Model professional behaviors, ethics, and appearance.
In addition, the following college-wide learning outcomes reflect the guiding expectations of all programs at Bates Technical College.
- Human Diversity
- Effective Communication
- Critical Thinking