Program Outcomes (Dental Lab Tech)
At the successful completion of the program curriculum, students will be able to:
- Fabricate complete denture prostheses (removable).
- Use work practices and safety protocols that promote a safe and sanitary environment.
- Apply general laboratory techniques to prepare and evaluate impressions and casts
- Fabricate a variety of orthodontic appliances.
- Fabricate custom impression trays, baseplates, and bite rims.
- Practice within the legal and ethical framework of the profession.
- Collect diagnostic treatment data.
- Fabricate Partial Denture prostheses to advanced competency standards.
- Fabricate fixed Crown & Bridge prostheses to advanced competency standards.
- Fabricate fixed porcelain-to-metal prostheses to advanced competency standards.
- Demonstrate business practices and procedures appropriate to managing or owning a dental laboratory business.
In addition, the following college-wide learning outcomes reflect the guiding expectations of all programs at Bates Technical College.
- Human Diversity
- Effective Communication
- Critical Thinking