Program Outcomes (Hearing Instrument Technology)
At the successful completion of the program curriculum, students will be able to:
- Describe theoretical/conceptual and practical factors that impact the fitting of hearing aids.
- Perform accurate assessment for the purposes of hearing aid fitting.
- Explain various strategies and the rationale for use when recommending and selecting hearing aids for clients.
- Integrate family and other professionals in the management/care of clients with hearing loss.
- Identify hearing disorders and diseases for referral purposes.
- Describe the acoustical characteristics of a variety of hearing aids.
- Fit and adjust hearing aids.
- Follow established clinical verification protocols.
In addition to the following college-wide learning outcomes reflect the guiding expectations of all programs at Bates Technical College:
- Human Diversity
- Effective Communication
- Critical Thinking