Program Outcomes (Biotech Lab)
At the successful completion of the program curriculum, students will be able to:
- Perform routine laboratory tasks and commonly used laboratory techniques per good lab practices (GLP).
- Use a variety of laboratory equipment.
- Apply theoretical knowledge of assay principles and strategies, purification principles, and the scientific method to laboratory situations per good lab practices (GLP).
- Troubleshoot laboratory problems and devise appropriate solutions
- Apply safety procedures and comply with the federal regulations for the industry
- Apply the steps of the scientific method to research, design, perform, and report on a solution to a scientific (GLP) or manufacturing (cGMP) problem.
In addition, the following college-wide learning outcomes reflect the guiding expectations of all programs at Bates Technical College.
- Human Diversity
- Effective Communication
- Critical Thinking