Program Outcomes (Denturist)
At the successful completion of the program curriculum, students will be able to:
- Apply principles of anatomy and physiology in the assessment and design of dental prosthetics.
- Identify dental and oral diseases and disorders.
- Perform a complete visual/digital oral examination and evaluation of the patient.
- Apply principles of materials science in the development of dental prosthetics.
- Classify prescription drugs and their contraindications related to the design and fitting of dental prosthetics.
- Devise treatment plans specific to individual patient conditions.
- Design and fabricate dentures.
- Perform any adjunctive services such as repair, relines, or adjustments of removable denture.
- Supervises auxiliary personnel in the performance of their delegated duties.
In addition, the following college-wide learning outcomes reflect the guiding expectations of all programs at Bates Technical College:
- Human Diversity
- Effective Communication
- Critical Thinking