Program Outcomes (Practical Nurse)
At the successful completion of the program curriculum, students will be able to:
- Assist in implementing the nursing process.
- Make judgments that integrate nursing science in the provision of safe, quality care.
- Provide care that is safe, compassionate, and culturally and developmentally appropriate.
- Practice within the legal and ethical scope of the professional nurse.
- Use information systems and patient care technologies in support of safe nursing practices.
- Use communication skills effectively to function as a safe healthcare team member.
- Demonstrate an understanding of personal role in health care delivery system.
- Recognize the need for change in the structured healthcare setting and demonstrate active participation in change.
In addition, the following college-wide learning outcomes reflect the guiding expectations of all programs at Bates Technical College.
- Human Diversity
- Effective Communication
- Critical Thinking