Program Outcomes (CNST)
At the successful completion of the program curriculum, students will be able to:
- Assemble the components of a PC and install one or more operating systems resulting in a functioning PC that is appropriate for a particular end user.
- Design a small or medium sized computer network including media types, end devices, and interconnecting devices that meets a customer's specific needs.
- Perform basic configurations on routers and Ethernet switches.
- Perform basic tasks expected of a Network Administrator including management of user accounts, shared resources, and network security.
- Perform operational tasks within a Linux environment, such as the creation and management of files, folders and accounts.
- Construct simple computer scripts that accomplish a given task.
- Perform standard DNS and DHCP management operations, such as set-up, modify and troubleshoot.
- Define basic network security issues and possible solutions.
In addition, the following college-wide learning outcomes reflect the guiding expectations of all programs at Bates Technical College:
- Human Diversity
- Effective Communication
- Critical Thinking