Program Outcomes (Database Technology)
At the successful completion of the program curriculum, students will be able to:
- Develop and operate a database.
- Manipulating a database and creating tables and data structures.
- Develop applications using the procedure builder tool.
- Create sequel procedural language blocks of application code that can be shared by multiple forms, reports, and data management applications.
- Create a complete forms application while working in a graphical user interface (gui) development environment.
- Design multiple forms applications.
- Develop a variety of standard and custom reports in a client/server environment.
- Identify the server physical and logical architecture.
- Implement and plan backup and recovery for the server.
- Implementing a net8 configuration on a workstation and server.
- Tune a server.
- Implement database security.
In addition, the following college-wide learning outcomes reflect the guiding expectations of all programs at Bates Technical College:
- Human Diversity
- Effective Communication