Program Outcomes (Electronic & Communications System Tech)
Location Central/Mohler Campus
Hours Mon - Fri, 7 a.m. - 2: 45 p.m.
Students enrolled in the program or taking elective classes in Electronic & Communications Systems earned 71 industry certifications in the 2013-2014 school year.
What our students say about this program:
"My time at Bates was fun and productive. The industry certificates I earned easily put me on the top of a selected list in my field. The teachers took time to know me personally, brang out my strengths, and helped me with my weaknesses. To this day, I keep in touch [with my instructors] and appreciate the advice and learning I received."
"Choosing to enroll in [this program] was most certainly a worthwhile endeavor. It provided me with a broad platform of skills, which I would apply to an impressive variety of career options."
"My instructor, Laura Robertson, and all the Information Technology instructors are very good, they took me from knowing nothing to understanding how information technology works. If you are out of the military and don't know what to do or where to go, education is the best thing for you, go to school and get a skill. I'm very glad I chose Bates Technical College as my education choice for the start of my new career."
-Brian Griffin '14 <<Meet Brian>>
At the successful completion of the program curriculum, students will be able to:
- Follow safety procedures and policies.
- Perform testing on DC, AC, analog, digital and microprocessor circuitry.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot electronic equipment utilizing industry specific test equipment.
- Perform installations, repairs, and troubleshooting of electronic, RF and communication systems.
- Describe, calculate and identify electronic communications equipment and circuitry.
- Describe, calculate and identify wireless, broadband, cellular communications equipment and systems.
- Utilize the job search documents students have prepared and skills they have learned to efficiently look for jobs in the industry.
- Utilize industry certifications and licenses in their job search process.
- Perform installation, termination and testing of fiber optic systems to industry standards.
- Perform installation, termination and testing of twisted pair and coaxial cabling systems to industry standards.
- Perform routine installation and service activities.
In addition, the following college-wide learning outcomes reflect the guiding expectations of all programs at Bates Technical College:
- Human Diversity
- Effective Communication
- Critical Thinking