Program Outcomes (Electronic & Communications System Tech)
At the successful completion of the program curriculum, students will be able to:
- Follow safety procedures and policies.
- Perform testing on DC, AC, analog, digital and microprocessor circuitry.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot electronic equipment utilizing industry specific test equipment.
- Perform installations, repairs, and troubleshooting of electronic, RF and communication systems.
- Describe, calculate and identify electronic communications equipment and circuitry.
- Describe, calculate and identify wireless, broadband, cellular communications equipment and systems.
- Utilize the job search documents students have prepared and skills they have learned to efficiently look for jobs in the industry.
- Utilize industry certifications and licenses in their job search process.
- Perform installation, termination and testing of fiber optic systems to industry standards.
- Perform installation, termination and testing of twisted pair and coaxial cabling systems to industry standards.
- Perform routine installation and service activities.
In addition, the following college-wide learning outcomes reflect the guiding expectations of all programs at Bates Technical College:
- Human Diversity
- Effective Communication
- Critical Thinking