Program Outcomes (IT Specialist)
At the successful completion of the program curriculum, students will be able to:
- Identify, install, and configure hardware devices.
- Build, maintain, and upgrade computer systems.
- Design, build, configure, and maintain small and medium size networks.
- Improve performance of computer systems.
- Prepare for industry certification exam equivalent.
- Recognize technical support skills required by the IT industry.
- Identify and solve computer-related issues.
- Support and maintain computer applications, hardware, and operating systems.
- Evaluate components and configure a functional computer system.
- Troubleshoot and repair defective computer systems.
- Configure and diagnose basic network connectivity.
- Explain the basics of network security.
- Design, configure, and maintain virtualized environments.
- Define confidentiality, integrity, availability, and non-repudiation (CIAN).
- Recognize viruses and worms, their differences and how to harden computer systems.
- Develop strategies for network defense using firewalls, routers, switches, antivirus, and anti-spyware tools.
- Protect the IT environment using current monitoring and protection methods.
- Define various components of Windows server.
- Install Windows server.
- Implement and manage active directory infrastructure.
- Support Windows Desktop editions.
In addition, the following college-wide learning outcomes reflect the guiding expectations of all programs at Bates Technical College:
- Human Diversity
- Effective Communication
- Critical Thinking