Program Outcomes (Software Development)
At the successful completion of the program curriculum, students will be able to:
- Write application software that makes efficient and secure use of operating system services.
- Develop an information system using accepted software development processes.
- Produce user applications using a specialized technology that builds upon fundamental software development practices.
- Apply principles of human-computer interaction in the design of computer interfaces.
- Analyze a problem and identify the appropriate data, hardware components and/or software requirements to develop a feasible solution.
- Use current tools and practices that support the software documentation process.
- Document system requirements and/or developing materials for clients in the proper use of hardware or software.
- Students will work cooperatively and effectively in teams to accomplish a shared goal.
- Analyze local and global information technology (IT) trends, while recognizing the influences of IT on cultural, economic, ethical, and legal issues and responsibilities.
- Support the management of information systems.
In addition, the following college-wide learning outcomes reflect the guiding expectations of all programs at Bates Technical College.
- Human Diversity
- Effective Communication
- Critical Thinking