Program Outcomes (Web Design and Development)
At the successful completion of the program curriculum, students will be able to:
- Create and maintain responsive websites and employ strategies with user-centered design methodologies, usability principles, accessibility, web-based information architecture and design.
- Use core front-end web coding languages to add dynamic content, animation and effects to websites and mobile apps.
- Create UI/UX artifacts needed to articulate visual design mock-ups, wireframes, or interactive prototypes.
- Display ability to adapt to changing Web development and design skills and solid understanding of common design trends.
- Employ social media strategies for business use and build pages in a way that promote brand.
- Analyze website performance by interpreting analytics to measure site traffic, SEO, engagement, and activity on social media.
In addition, the following college-wide learning outcomes reflect the guiding expectations of all programs at Bates Technical College:
- Human Diversity
- Effective Communication
- Critical Thinking