Program Outcomes (Auto Mechanic)
At the successful completion of the program curriculum, students will be able to:
- Diagnose mechanical malfunctions and performance problems and make necessary repairs
- Operate precision automotive diagnostic and repair equipment
- Interpret repair manuals and computer-based programs dealing with specifications and repair procedures
- Practice customer service skills with customers, employer, and fellow employees
- Use tools and equipment found in an automotive repair shop.
- Diagnose and service a variety of automotive systems including electrical, brakes, engines, transmissions, and steering and suspension
- Follow established procedures for safety and accident prevention in the automotive service facility.
- Describe the purpose of the laws concerning personal and environmentally safe handling of hazardous waste.
- Define information that should be completed on repair orders, accurately describing customer issues in pursuit of a satisfactory repair.
In addition, the following college-wide learning outcomes reflect the guiding expectations of all programs at Bates Technical College.
- Human Diversity
- Effective Communication
- Critical Thinking