Program Outcomes (CDL)
At the successful completion of the program curriculum, students will be able to:
- Follow established procedures for pre-trip inspections.
- Control and safely maneuver the vehicle in various traffic situations.
- Back an articulated combination into and through various obstacles.
- Couple and uncouple a tractor/trailer unit.
- Apply proper logbook procedures and rules.
- Calculate axle weight and adjust according to state and federal laws.
- Recognize, avoid, or solve potential hazardous situations related to truck driving.
In addition, the following college-wide learning outcomes reflect the guiding expectations of all programs at Bates Technical College:
- Human Diversity
- Effective Communication