Program Outcomes (PSET)
At the successful completion of the program curriculum, students will be able to:
- Identify the functional relationships among small engine components and systems.
- Apply basic principles of testing, diagnosis, and servicing of small engines, outdoor power equipment, recreational power equipment, and power sport equipment.
- Select specialized tools and equipment for small engine maintenance, diagnostic and repair.
- Identify, diagnose, and solve mechanical equipment/engine problems.
- Troubleshoot and repair small engines found in home, garden, and recreational applications.
- Apply electronic and other test equipment in practical settings.
- Interpret service manuals and schematics.
- Apply safe work practices in a manner compatible with OSHA requirements and small engine repair industry expectations.
- Apply preventative maintenance concepts to small engine equipment care and storage.
In addition, the following college-wide learning outcomes reflect the guiding expectations of all programs at Bates Technical College:
- Human Diversity
- Effective Communication
- Critical Thinking