Program Outcomes (Barber)
At the successful completion of the program curriculum, students will be able to:
- Apply safety, sanitation, and law policy and procedures according to Washington State RCWs.
- Use and maintain a variety of barbering tools.
- Store and use chemicals in a safe manner.
- Perform a variety of barbering techniques on mannequins and clients:
- shampoo/scalp treatments
- haircutting and styling
- beard trimming and designing
In addition, the following college-wide learning outcomes reflect the guiding expectations of all programs at Bates Technical College.
- Human Diversity
- Effective Communication
- Critical Thinking