Program Outcomes (Culinary Arts)
At the successful completion of the program curriculum, students will be able to:
- Prepare and serve a variety of food items.
- Practice safe and sanitary work habits.
- Plan and create menus for a food service operation
- Order, purchase, and store foods in a commercial kitchen facility.
- Maintain a food inventory.
- Operate commercial kitchen machinery in a safe manner.
- Select, use, and maintain kitchen knives in a safe manner.
- Read and interpret recipes.
- Calculate food costs from recipes.
- Develop positive interpersonal abilities to create a team environment in the workplace.
- Perform basic computer functions
- Work independently, as well as cooperatively
In addition, the following college-wide learning outcomes reflect the guiding expectations of all programs at Bates Technical College.
- Human Diversity
- Effective Communication
- Critical Thinking