Technical High School
Qiana Walker, High School Administrative Assistant Downtown Campus, Room M212
Mon-Fri, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Downtown Campus Room M212
South Campus, Room B402, Building B
High school students at Bates can earn their diploma and work toward a college degree or certificate at the same time, tuition free, and are integrated into the college learning environment.
Qualified students can enroll in most of the college's career training programs. The length of the school day varies with each training program. Students typically begin school between 7 and 8 a.m. and end between 3 and 4 p.m. Students spend most of their day in the career training program, and only leave for one or two academic classes. Technical High School students pay only for quarterly lab fees and consumable items.
- Must be between 16 and 21* years old
- Have at least 10 high school credits
- Meet specific career training entry requirements
Steps to Enroll:
- Attend a High School Orientation
- Bring your completed application materials, including official transcript, placement test scores, to the High School Office
- Determine in which career education program you'd like to enroll.
- Meet with your High School Advisor, register for classes, and begin as soon as the following quarter!
*Students who turn 21 years old after Sept. 1 in the current academic year remain eligible for state-funded high school services.