Testing Preparation Resources
All testing is done at the Downtown Campus, Room M216
Mon: 8-4 p.m.
Tue: 8-4 p.m.
Wed: 8-4 p.m.
Thu: 8-4 p.m.
Fri: 8-4 p.m.
South Campus, Rm. 105 By appt. only
For most people, testing can be a nerve-wracking process. The testing center is here to help and wants you to succeed. You may find the suggested books and links helpful.
- Essential Mathematics: Basic Math for Everyday Use, Williams and Atkins
- Contemporary's Building Basic Skills in Mathematics, Contemporary Books
- GED Review Book
- SAT-1 Review Books (publishers include: Arco, Kaplan, Nova and Barron)
- Forgotten Algebra, Bleau, Barron
- Quick Algebra Review: A Self-Teaching Guide, Selby and Slavin, Wiley
- Help with finding main ideas in paragraphs
- Offers many types of English quizzes under "Creative Activities"
- Reading practice
- Writing Chapters (4, 5,6) Reading (Chapers 13, 14)
Math Review Links
- Review algebra skills
- Fun with fractions; other math review also available
- Math practice tests
GED Preparation Links
- GED Practice Test