- Monday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Tuesday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Thursday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Hours are for fall quarter 2013.
For VA benefits information, contact:Karin Frans
VA Certify Official, DT Campus, Room M208
- Monday: 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Tuesday: 9 a.m.-Noon
- Wednesday: 9 a.m.-Noon
- Thursday: 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Friday: 7:30 a.m.-Noon
If you're using your VA educational benefits at Bates, we can help. Bates is a participant of Chapters 30, 31, 32, 33, 35; Post 9/11 GI Bill; Montgomery GI Bill-Active Duty; Vocational Rehabilitation; and Veteran's Innovation Program.
To apply for benefits, go to www.gibill.va.gov and click 'Apply for Benefits.' You'll need to provide Bates' VA Certifying Official with the following documentation:
- Copy of your online VA application
- Letter of Eligibility from VA
- College Transcripts
- COMPASS scores
We also recommend that you apply for financial aid.
- AMVETS - For assistance with completing the VA application, contact AMVETS at 253.472.2559 or amvetswa.org. They are located at 5717 S. Tyler St, Tacoma, WA 98409.
- The Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB, Ch. 30 and Ch. 1606) - Enlisted individuals on or after July 1, 1985 may use the Montgomery GI Bill. The monthly benefit is based the type of training and length of service.
- Vocational Rehabilitation (Ch. 31) - To apply for vocational rehabilitation benefits (Ch. 31).
- Post 9/11 GI Bill (Ch. 33) - Learn more here.
- Military Spouse MyCAA - Learn more about the MyCAA program.
Selected programs of study at Bates Technical College are approved by the Workforce Training and Education Coordinating Board's State Approving Agency (WTECB/SAA) for enrollment of those eligible to receive benefits under Title 38 and Title 10, USC.