Veterans Resource Center
Downtown Campus, Room E304 Mon-Fri: 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
South Campus, Room B512 (Building B) Mon-Fri: 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Lee Williams, Military Veterans Advisor Phone: 253.680.7188
Andy Hall, VA Certifying Official Phone: 253.680.7035
Elmer "Top" Hill, VetCorps Navigator Phone: 253.680.7556
If you're using your VA educational benefits at Bates, we can help. Bates is a participant of Chapters 30, 31, 32, 33, 35; Post 9/11 GI Bill®; Montgomery GI Bill® -Active Duty; Vocational Rehabilitation; and Veteran's Innovation Program. Select programs, such as our continuing education programs, are not eligible for funding through the GI Bill.
To apply for benefits, go to www.gibill.va.gov and click 'Apply for Benefits.' You'll need to provide Bates' VA Certifying Official with the following documentation:
- Copy of your online VA application
- Letter of Eligibility from VA
- College Transcripts
- Accuplacer scores
We also recommend that you apply for financial aid.
- Bates Technical College VA Students Handbook (PDF)
- AMVETS - For assistance with completing the VA application, contact AMVETS at 253.472.2559 or amvetswa.org. They are located at 5717 S. Tyler St, Tacoma, WA 98409.
- The Montgomery GI Bill® (MGIB, Ch. 30 and Ch. 1606) - Enlisted individuals on or after July 1, 1985 may use the Montgomery GI Bill. The monthly benefit is based the type of training and length of service.
- Vocational Rehabilitation (Ch. 31) - To apply for vocational rehabilitation benefits (Ch. 31).
- Post 9/11 GI Bill® (Ch. 33) - Learn more here.
Selected programs of study at Bates Technical College are approved by the Workforce Training and Education Coordinating Board's State Approving Agency (WTECB/SAA) for enrollment of those eligible to receive benefits under Title 38 and Title 10, USC.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.