Testing Preparation Resources
Downtown Campus, Rm. M216
Mon: 8:30-10 a.m.
Tue: 8:30-11 a.m., 1:30-2:30 p.m.
Wed: 8:30-11 a.m.
Thu: 8:30-11 a.m.
Fri: 8:30-10 a.m.
South Campus, Rm. 105 By appt. only
For most people, testing can be a nerve-wracking process. The testing center is here to help and wants you to succeed. You may find the suggested books and links helpful.
- Essential Mathematics: Basic Math for Everyday Use, Williams and Atkins
- Contemporary's Building Basic Skills in Mathematics, Contemporary Books
- GED Review Book
- SAT-1 Review Books (publishers include: Arco, Kaplan, Nova and Barron)
- Forgotten Algebra, Bleau, Barron
- Quick Algebra Review: A Self-Teaching Guide, Selby and Slavin, Wiley
- Provides testing and study skills information
- Help with finding main ideas in paragraphs
- Provides a general reading test for practice
- Offers many types of English quizzes under "Creative Activities"
- Reading practices
- ESL resource with quizzes to sharpen English skills
Math Review Links
- Click on "College Prep Online 2000" for information and quizzes
- Review algebra skills
- Many free lessons and explanations of math concepts
- Math review information
- Fun with fractions; other math review also available
- Math practice tests
GED Preparation Links